Web & Mobile Application Developer (Abuja) -#H006.12
Off-Field invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to the position of Web & Mobile Application Developer (Abuja). Interested candidates may complete the online application form here on or before 6th April 2018.
Closing Date: 6th April 2018
|Job title:||Web & Mobile Application Developer|
|Reporting to:||Head, Office Manager|
|Salary:||Flexible, based on level of experience|
Purpose of the position
Off-Field is seeking motivated individuals who must have played lead roles in designing, building, deploying and maintaining mobile applications. Candidates should be able to showcase cross platform mobile application development on IOS and Android platforms. Other primary functions include design, development, support, and maintenance of websites and associated applications. This individual will primarily assist with designing print and web media in order to support our business areas, promote corporate events, and create awareness of community and corporate relationships.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and best practices
- Assist with integration and usability testing
- Have passion for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Participate in discovery and user experience design process
- Create prototypes, and evaluate new technologies
- Create readable, testable, scalable and maintainable source code utilizing best practices
- Provide technical leadership to delivery teams
- Work with testing team to find and resolve defects
- Provide application support with on call availability
- Interact with vendors regarding support and integration
- Develop tasks lists and estimations
- Provide required application development and support for mobile apps
- Assists in the review, re-engineering and development of business process and procedural requirements for enabling websites and webpages
- Creates new website structures, applications, and functionality for internal and external customers.
- Serves as informal project manager & supports departmental needs by providing web solutions such as online surveys and database web applications
- Design and layout of electronic and print materials (flyers, posters, banners, collateral, logos, invitations, postcards, newsletters, newspaper/magazine ads, etc.)
- Communicate risks and issues related to projects and tasks.
- Have a desire to build something great and bring technical solutions to people to solve their problems.
- Mentor other developers in mobile app and web development.
Academic or trade qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND); and /or
- Relevant Professional Certificates.
Work experience and skills
- Three (3) years of cognate experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and current experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- Hands-on mobile app development experience.
- Experience integrating mobile solutions with backend services
- Deployed applications to commercial platforms like iTunes App Store and Google Play
- Developed native mobile iOS and Android applications using Xamarin, C# and .NET
- Solid knowledge of mobile app development practices, along with mobile testing tools and techniques
- Experience developing/integrating responsive Web applications
- Experience using agile principals and methodologies
- Deep understanding of mobile landscape (Differences in iOS v/s Android) is mandatory
- Understanding of emerging technologies, standards and best practices for mobile development
- Experience with hybrid mobile applications using Cordova, PhoneGap, Titanium, Appcelerator, Sencha, etc.
- Experience using web services (HTTP, REST, SOAP) using JSON, XML
- Experience with source control, such as GIT, Mercurial.
- Knowledge of various CMS and E-commerce websites
- Proficient with current design and development software.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong time-management and ability to multitask
- Ability to work cooperatively in groups/teams as well as independently.
- Ability to managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A Critical thinker with high attention to detail and process improvement is preferred
The position is a Full-time position and is subject to a three (3) month probationary period. Contract engagement is a possibility .
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Off-Field is an equal opportunity employer. Job applications will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited law.